Summer has arrived! As we look at nature, during this time of the year, the surface of the earth is warm, however, when you step into a tunnel or underground it is very cold. Our bodies mirror this same structure. Our Yang Qi moves toward the outside and we feel hot, however, our internal organs are very cool. In order to reinforce the Yang and nourish the Yin for this season, implement the following suggestions:
- Eat/drink warm or room temperature foods/liquids.
- Eat more soups and easily digestible foods.
- Eat or drink 2-3 slices of ginger after breakfast.
- Room or car temperature needs to be no more than 10 degrees different from the outside temperature.
- Practice Qigong – especially Tapping Qigong or Immune Boost (both available on Youtube).
Immune Boosting Qigong
Pai Da (Tapping Qigong)
These are not meant for diagnosis. Please check with your healthcare practitioner if you have specific health concerns.